thyroidthursday

Monday, January 14, 2013

My Weight Loss Journey



180 lbs to 147 lbs. 




Since being diagnosed with Stage II Metastasized Papillary Thyroid Cancer at 36 weeks pregnant Feb 1st 2011 I have done nothing but struggle with my weight. I have been on every diet, killed myself in the gym everyday and still every time I lost weight it came right back. I lost 10 here, 20 there and a month later despite my best efforts the weight was back. I was so discouraged, and never felt good.

Until a couple of months ago when my very good friend Marlena starting talking to me about shakeology. I was skeptical at first but knew I could trust my friend. I ordered it right away and started drinking a shake every morning for breakfast and I could tell the difference in how I felt almost immediately. I also starting eating clean and using some of Marlenas awesome eat clean recipes and realized that eating healthy wasnt too bad if I took the time to really cook and pay attention. After a little over a month of morning shakes and eating clean I had gone from a size 16 to a 9/10 and felt the best I had ever felt.

Before I started using shakeology I almost always cheated on my diets, whether it be coke or the yummy dinners I made for my family. I mean what mom has time for dieting right? I could never get over the cravings.. But since starting shakeology my cravings have almost completely gone away and I have been caffeine free for almost two months. I have one cheat meal a week, and when I eat that cheat meal I almost ALWAYS feel gross afterwards and for the rest of the day.

I also want to point out that I have more energy than Ive had in over 2 years.

The results I got were not just from the shakeology, but it helped me tremendously. Shakeology has changed my life and I plan to drink it every day for the rest of my life. I recommend this to everyone with thyroid dysfunction. Im not promising that your results will be as fast and great as mine, but the way it makes you feel is enough in itself for me to say GO TRY IT!

Weight Loss with any thyroid disease is tremendously hard, and I know what its like to feel horrible about yourself and to think there is no hope. There is hope though, with hard work and dedication you can do it!!

To learn more about shakeology email Marlena Hedine at marlena_hedine@yahoo.com

Jerica, xo

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic Jerica. Congratulations on your weight loss. You look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you also work out? I'd love more details! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I was not working out at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost weight it came right back. I lost 10 here, 20 Garcinia Cambogia there and a month later despite my best efforts the weight was back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To suppress appetite, which is its only purpose. Duromine is one of the few diet supplements the FDA recognizes as a suitable diet aid for morbidly obese patients, but this also means that it must be taken under direct doctor supervision to avoid severe or fatal consequences. buy garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing weight is really hard work that pays off afterwards. But, in order to be successful you need perseverance and determination to overcome your every craving. I've also struggled with my weight before and it really takes a strong will power to achieve your goal. Laraine Leet

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation! Being health conscious shouldn't start when you already have body complications. It's inspiring to hear your story, and how you're doing the best that you can to live healthy despite your situation. Many illnesses can be avoided if we start living a healthy lifestyle as early as possible. Good luck to you. Don't give up!

    Ciara Owings @ She's Fit

    ReplyDelete